So, as expected Serpentis needs a new version. Will try to release it soon enough, but I haven’t started working on it and want to rest a couple of days.
I wanted to make some of the old too-easy rooms a little more challenging and Team-Work based, but for the looks of it I overdid it way too much, as the map is really really really hard, with some areas arguably impossible (they are “possible”, but require an insane amount of Luck/Time/Teamwork/Pros combo).
If you want to help me, please tell me what problems you think the map has that aren’t in the list below.
Those are the current fixes I have written down:
- Cubemaps: Fix the pinkness (in the meanwhile you can remove the “pinkess” using “mat_specular 0/1“)
- TurboPhysics: Will remove the map changing this setting. (I will edit falling Rocks and Falling Logs).
- Shortcut’s Waterfall: Reduce its area and/or strength.
- Fire Snakes: MAYBE give some extra milesecs of time to cross.
- Fine Snakes: Add some kind of detail to better understand the reach area of the flames.
- Lava Room: Try to make the room reset/ready when everyone inside dies.
- Lava Room: Reduce the Lava Speed and/or nerf the Long Crouch Jumps.
- Lava Room: Replace rotated main walls with hammer-gridded ones to reduce their “stuckiness”.
- Lava Room: MAYBE reduce in 1 the amount of minimum players required.
- Water Wheels: Reduce the amount of water particles, they are a little too expensive.
- Water Wheels: Sightly reduce the speed of the hardest wheels (latency can make them impossible).
- Infinite Paths: MAYBE change or add something to make the whole thing less obnoxius… Its “okay” to beat once, but is not really something you want to keep repeating. (Accepting suggestions).
- Infinite Paths: Change the amount of players required to open/reach the crystal from 2 to 3.
- Sewer Slide: Try to make the room reset/ready when everyone inside dies.
- Sewer Slide: Sightly reduce the HP and/or frequency of the closed gates.
- Sewer Slide: Add a P90 and/or M249 spawn in the waiting room itself.
- Sewer Slide: MAYBE reduce the amount of time it takes to reach the exit.
- Elevator Room: Try to make the elevator reset/ready when everyone on it dies.
- Elevator Room: Respawn the Elevator in its start position after failing, related to previous and next point.
- Elevator Room: Fix elevator glitching and not being usable (solid) anymore.
- Elevator Room: Remake the traps/levers and their locations.
- Elevator Room: Add some kind of detail to better understand the reach area of the flames.
- Elevator Room: Add some kind of detail near the wheel to understand the movement of the elevator.
- Elevator Room: Reduce all values of players needed in the Wheel by 1 (zero players goes down slowly instead of fast, 1 player stops instead of going down slowly, etc…).
(Notice that the elevator resetting when everyone fails makes the “go down faster” not such a big need)
- Chains Room: Fix the non-solidity of the snakes.
- Chains Room: Make the 2 Bridge-Shortcuts easier to use after being enabled.
- Chains Room: Make most of the jumps sightly easier (giving some extra ladder-chain length in most areas).
- Chains Rooms: Replace rotated main walls with hammer-gridded ones to reduce their “stuckiness”.
- Medusa: Fix the console-spam when reaching/enabling her.
- Medusa: Fix “Stone Gaze” not working after the first “Stonning”.
- Medusa: Fix “Stonning” sound missing.
- Ending: Fix the final music suddenly stopping.
- NEW: Give the CT Team 1 or 10 Round Wins per each crystal reached.
Also, mostly for Admins and Server Owners: Is any of the console commands being given by Serpentis Temple causing any trouble to you? So far it uses:
On Map Spawn:
- mp_limitteams_0 (so everyone can go CT)
- sm_ar_enable 1 (to enable Auto Respawn if you are using Source Mod)
- ar_respawn_delay 2 (to set the Auto Respawn time 2 seconds after you die)
- sv_airaccelerate 150 (this one could be removed if its a burden)
- sv_turbo_physics 0 (to allow the Rocks and Rotating Logs in the very begging to kill people, but will try to remove this one by adding hurt_triggers to those)
- sm_settime 2 (not a clue why is there, removing it, XD)
- mp_timelimit 999 (so when a server that has 0:00 timeleft reaches her they can get multiple tries against her instead of map ending/changing after their first defeat)
- sm_ar_enable 0 (to disable Auto Respawn if you are using Source Mod so people don’t keep respawning/die during Medusa Fight)
- mp_ignore_round_win_conditions 0 (in case some admin/host enabled this at some point, it gets disabled vs Medusa so the round can end when everyone dies)
- mp_timelimit 30 (so after defeating Medusa the map automatically ends/changes, some people complained about this not allowing a normal RTV-Change)
So thats it. If you have something to say/suggest/complain/praise about the map, say so. Like what rooms you love or which ones you hate. Or what areas are way too easy and which ones feel impossible.
If you feel I’m forgetting something, or know someone that may know, please say so and let me know, so the next version can be, not only the final one, but something that can be played and enjoyed on the servers by time to time instead of being a hardcore 5-hours event once a year. XD
And don’t hesitate on giving personal opinions, like if you liked it better when Lava Climb was Easy and Solo-Able or whatever!